Thursday, May 13, 2010

Maui!!

Well, as previously mentioned, Jamin and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in January. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, so we decided awhile back that we would do that to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We are lucky enough to have my mom close who was willing to take the kids for the full 9 days that we were gone. Maui was absolutely amazing. It was sunny and warm the whole time. The beaches and water were so beautiful and it was awesome to get to spend so much time just for us. Our hotel was beautiful. We went snorkeling a ton, tried to learn to surf (banged my knee up pretty good in the process!), went to a luau, went out on a sailboat to Lana'i, one of the islands off Maui, and checked out all the beaches. We didn't do the Road to Hana. We had mixed feelings about it. It sounded beautiful, but it was a full day of driving there and back and we just didn't want to spend a whole day in the car- maybe next time! ;) We absolutely loved Maui. Missed the kids a lot, but it was an absolutely great trip and I can't wait to go back! Warning: lots of pictures ahead!


The view from our hotel room.
Loved the sunsets there!
The Feast at Lele luau- absolutely awesome luau!
My amazing hubby- I love him so much!
Honalua Bay- still, beautiful water. It was perfectly green. Great snorkeling there.
There's my guy surfing!
Oh, yeah, there's me too. :)
Makena Beach- kind of a special name to me, only some may know why. Beautiful beach!

We got to see a ton of dolphins from the boat we took to Lana'i. It was awesome!

Here's a sea turtle we tried to make friends with! We swam with him for at least 10 minutes. Definitely one of the coolest things snorkeling!
Here he is after going to the surface to take a breath. I really loved the sea turtle if you couldn't tell!

1 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

So COOL!!!!!! What a beautiful trip and a beautiful couple! :) I'm so glad you shared your pics!